Tonight I just want to share a few reasons why Bel Air is a wonderful place to call home.
5 signs you need A break & 5 things to do about it.
Work. Friends. Projects. Errands. Family. Health. Repeat. Life has put a lot on our plates, and it seems to be adding more and more. It is easy to get caught up in this plight of modern life, but you do not have to. Here are five signs that I most typically notice and hear as signs of needing a break, and five ways to remedy them.
Signs It’s Time for a Break
1. You dread the alarm clock. Your alarm clock goes off, no matter the hour or day, and all you want is to stay crawled up in bed.
2. Your fuse is short. No matter what someone says, it is not the right thing, irking to a minor, or major, explosion over email, text, phone or live, you for what is arguably no real reason.
3. You avoid what you know like. You start making excuses for not going to yoga, to that class you love, or friend’s house you like and know always makes you feel great, claiming stress and tiredness.
4. You diet starts to waver. You start eating foods you know make you feel bad, and other foods you simply know are bad, saying, ‘just today.’
5. You simply do not care. You start to spend more time surfing the web at work, flipping through channels at home, ignoring messages and invites from friends, and pretending your family does not exist, all in the name of ‘rest’ and silence.
Ways to Give Yourself a Break
1. Get Offline. Turn the internet off two hours before bed, and turn your handheld devices off for at least eight hours a day. Let your mind rest, and spare it the endless stream of often unnecessary information. (This one is hard, I know)
2. Take a local adventure. Take yourself somewhere new or unfrequented in your city, maybe through a neighborhood walk, proper restaurant dine, bikini picnic in the park, or museum wander, and explore. Simply experiencing something new, with different people, air, and vibe, will refresh your mind and body.
3. Plan an Escape. Plan a day, week, or weekend holiday for the next six months., anything outside of and away from your day to day routine. Something to look forward to will add a skip to your daily step.
4. Laugh. There is really no better remedy. Cures you from the inside, out, and on the inside, and out.
5. Do something crazy. Go to a seemingly ridiculous class, plan a one day escape to the beach, go out for a night on the town, or do something you think you never have time to do, or is simply nuts. The thrill will rejuvenate you.
- Reblogged from iamyoustudio
- Reblogged from dancingdakini
- Reblogged from lazyyogi
…And we are living in one continuous moment.
- Reblogged from luzdivino-deactivated20130516
A little bit of magic brought us to this place.
I make the same face while parallel parking. 😛